Sam can put jigsaw puzzles together, and likes them!
Since my two children are quite different and excel in different things, I try awfully hard not to compare. But Tate could do the whole USA puzzle when he was about 23 or 24 months old, so as month after month went by and Sam still didn't show an interest in jigsaw puzzles, I admit, I have been nail biting and "doing" puzzles on the floor in front of him more often: "Look at Mommy, Sammy! Isn't Mommy having fun!? Don't puzzles look exciting! I wonder where this piece goes? Can Sammy help Mommy?! I bet he can!!" Sam casually looks over and says, "Good job Mom. Now I am very busy driving cars so you'll have to finish all by yourself." Sigh.But today, he got out the puzzle boxes by himself, picked out a good one, and did it, alone, over and over and over. I watched from a distance, and bit my tongue to not help. Its hard for me to believe that the whole world doesn't want my help, but Sam is living proof. He did stop for a quick picture, but besides that, he was content by himself. He even became a bit territorial when Tate or I walked by too close and tried to offer encouraging words. "I CAN DO THIS BY MYSELF!! DO NOT HELP ME!"
Great job big boy!
1 comment:
It always "puzzles" me on how such different people can come from the same two parents. Keep biting your tongue, I know mine bleeds quite a bit.
Post a Comment