
In New York harbor stands a lady,
with a torch raised to the sky.
And all who see her, know she stands for
liberty for you and I.
I'm so proud to be called an American
To be named with the brave and the free
I will honor our flag and our
trust in God, and the Statue of Liberty.
On lonely Golgotha, stood a cross,
with my Lord raised to the sky.
And all who kneel there live forever,
as all the saved can testify.
I'm so glad to be called a Christ follower,
to be named with the ransomed and whole.
As the statue liberates the citizen,
so the cross liberates the soul.
Oh, the cross is my Statue of Liberty,
it was there that my soul was set free;
Unashamed I'll proclaim that a rugged cross
is my Statue of Liberty.
-by Neil Enloe
taken from http://www.biblicalwomanhoodonline.com/blog.htm
No comments:
Post a Comment