Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Sammy Lovins

Sammy has always been a demonstrative sweetie, but he is really going through a romantic phase recently. Tate had a period when he was "in love" with Grandma and planned to marry her, then it was on to Isabella. But Sam has only had eyes for Mama lately! He spent all day yesterday singing love songs to me ("I am in wuv with my Mama"... "she is so booootiful" etc...) and came over at least a couple of times an hour and said "I really need some hugs and kisses from you!" He told Tate and Chris, while stroking my "soft face" that he was my boyfriend and that I was his girlfriend. He asked me if I could not marry Dad but marry him instead. I thoroughly enjoyed all this romance!

Then last night, he was in my room, still singing to me while I was getting ready for bed. I was only half-listening to the lyrics to yet another future top-ten billboard chart hit when I distinctly heard "We are in wuv and we'll get together and make a baby...." I was a bit alarmed, but just figured that he wasn't paying attention and was just rambling. But then after the next chorus he repeated the rated R words again, and again. I was wondering what kind of smut TV he had been watching at Mother's Day Out (they did have a sub one day!), when I decided to ask him about what he was singing. I walked to where he was playing on the bathroom counter. He had two big flosses, and one little floss. He proudly said, "Look Mom. Here is my little floss family! They are so in wuv!"

No comments: