I was having lunch with Sammy at our breakfast bar when I noticed that our fruit bowl had an apple with one bite taken out of it, but was still proudly setting on top of the stack. I was considering this, chewing my nachos and wondering how to explain to Sam that we don't take bites out of food and then put it back in the serving bowl -- and wondering how many other serving dishes I should check -- when he noticed me looking at the apple and exclaimed, "Oh my!! Look at this!! A squirrel has gotten in here and taken a bite of this apple! Naughty squirrel!!" I stopped chewing and stared at him, and so he raised his eyebrows, pursed his lips and studied the apple seriously.
"Oh really?" I asked.
To which he calmly replied, "Well.... maybe it was a racoon."
No comments:
Post a Comment