We borrowed a tent from Uncle Scott and the boys have been delirious with excitement waiting for tonight... the campout with Dad! (in the backyard)
Sam and Tate worked together to drive in the stakes.
They all put up the tent as a team and tucked in all the "pets" right away (Penny and Sneakers were tired). They left the top fly off the tent and plan to look at stars all night.
Then they made the campfire and got everything ready for marshmallows, chocolate, whatever Dad will let them burn! Later they have frog hunting planned. They are looking for a certain type of tree frog for the new terrarium. (And sadly, its boys only! I have the whole house to myself! Yippie!) I plan to.... grab a book, paint my nails, catch up on sleep, and sneak out later to take pictures of the cutest little boys in Oklahoma NOT sleeping (but I bet Dad passes out!). I love this time of year!

Sam and Tate worked together to drive in the stakes.
1 comment:
What Fun! I wish we could come too. Summer in Oklahoma. . .aaaahhhh. The girls have been begging me for a camp out so I finally set up the tents in the house on the bed - they are still there a week later. Enjoy frog hunting. My dad was really into that and he used to make my mom cook frog legs for him to eat - perhaps it led to the divorce:). Have you tried it yet?
Much love to you,
Germaine
Post a Comment