After I prayed a good five mintutes with the boys tonight (I don't know why I went on so long, I guess I should probably stop and do that BEFORE 8:30pm), it was Sam's turn.
Me: "Okay, Sam. Your turn."
Sam: "Dear God, thank you for..... I never wemember the words to say!"
Me: "Just say whatever you want. You don't have to try and say all the stuff I said."
Sam: "Dear God," ....... looking at me
Me: "Sam, just say things you are thankful for. We do this every night. Say you are thankful for Penny, Blankie, Bubba...."
Sam: rolling eyes "I already said it yesterday."
Me: "Its just like talking to Mamma. Just talk to God and let him know how happy you are for all the blessing you have. And you can ask him for things you need."
Sam: "Dear God" ....... long silence
Me: ..... "Sam..."
Sam: "PLEASE do not interupt!! I am talking to God." ..... More silence. Tate snickering.
Sam: "Okay. I'm done. I asked God for some of His animals. He says I can have some...... Now."
Tate: "You're getting animals?"
Me: "Well that is very nice, son. Is there anything else?"
Sam: "Yes," closing eyes tightly, "Thank you for all of the gods."
Tate: "WHAT???!"
Me: "Tate, Sam can pray however he wants. He's three. Now its your turn."
Tate: "Dear God, thank you for CHRISTIANITY. Amen."
1 comment:
What fun!!! Now our kids look at your blog and say, "why can't we have as much fun as the Brocketts, and when are we going to rent a bouncy castle for our front yard?"
HAPPY BIRTHDAY SAM!!!! We love you and can't wait to see you in about 8 months. Manon is ready for some Jeopardy tournaments with Tate - lets place bets soon:). Although when I asked her if she would rather be a Spartan or Athenian she chose Athenian hands down - what about Tate? Monty had fun finishing the history lesson with clips from the movie 300 - something Chris would probably like.
Much love to you,
Germaine
Post a Comment