Friday, March 7, 2008

So.. where is yours?

small child: "Mom, look how big my pee pee is getting! It is weeeeally BIG!"

Me: "Yes, that is fantastic! I am so glad you are growing so big."

small child: "Mom, how big is yours?"

Me: ..........

small child: "Mom, let me see it." tugging at my pants

Me: nervous laughter "No, its kinda cold today, I'll just leave my pants on."

small child: "Mom, do you have a pee pee?.... Mom? Do you?"

Mom: "Well, actually, I don't. Remember, mommy is a girl. God made me different."

small child: Stunned silence.

Me: .....

small child: Gaping mouth.

Me: little smile

small child: Disbelieving stare. "OH MY! HOLY COWS! WHAT IN AMEWICA!!?? (instead of "what in the world" like you are probably familiar with) Running away from me, "BWWOTHER!! MOMMY DOESN'T HAVE A PEE PEE!"

Me: Left alone...wondering for the very first time if I am indeed missing something? I need a daughter for sure.

1 comment:

thetysonfamily said...

HILARIOUS!!!!!! Oh my, I LOVE your little boy stories, Katie!!

Thanks for sharing and for keeping up with us, too. :) I hope we can come see you in April... I'm working on a trip to my parents' then.