Sunday, March 23, 2008

Art Weekend

Well I did decorate and paint the dining room (Be patient and wait for the pictures of it finished!), and the boys couldn't stand not getting to paint, too. So I took them to the craft store and bought brushes, paint, and lots and things to paint. We did the Easter egg thing at the same time. Some of the eggs got painted, but as Tate says you peel it off anyway. The first thing they successfully did was paint little cars and trains that I bought to see if they could pass the "don't get paint everywhere and pay attention while you paint" test. They passed!




Next we moved onto three dozen eggs. But we quickly realized eggs are brighter if you let them soak for 30 minutes at at time. So there wasn't much to it. Sam did get a little into it, but honestly when there were so many other big things to paint, the little eggs just weren't exciting. Here he is telling me his hand is blue. I insisted on at least one photo for documentation.

Now we are onto mom's old bar stools. I fixed them (they were beat up after 15 years) and let the boys paint them.



And now for the dining room cabinet! We did it! The boys enjoyed it and then gave up when it started turning into work. But I was proud of how careful they tried to be.

And here it is finished!



No comments: