It is way after dark, it is way below freezing, but my husband is outside. I can hear the saw. He recently remembered he likes to do woodworking. Who knew? I thought I married Mr. Urban. Nope. His mother once claimed the handsome TV cabinet in her living room was made by the high school version of Chris -- never met that skinny baseball player. I admit I have been a doubter. But maybe... Within the last month, he has made a bike rack (two boys somehow have about 7 bikes. I think Becky leaves her extras here, I'm not sure. Maybe my kids are thieves. Need to look into that); fixed a wooden picnic table; made two wood ricks (racks?); and.... drum roll please....... my very own, sliding doors, dual compartment, shoulder height COMPOST BINS!! Yeah! I guess me throwing veggies and egg shells out the kitchen door wasn't working for him anymore. Now I can compost like a pro. The current project is some sort of storage cabinet for the guest room. I'll keep you posted. I admit, having a husband who fights fires at work and makes things with his own two hands on his days off (after a full day of "Homeschool Dad" while I work) makes me want to put on lipstick and fix him hot chocolate. Gotta run!
(I will get pictures soon, but my trusty camera died. I buried it. If you want to get us something for Christmas, that would be it!)
No comments:
Post a Comment