Question: After all my formal education, am I a red-neck?
Fact: We have a beautiful Koi pond (currently koi-less) that Sammy likes to go out and pee in.
Fact: Two weeks ago at Tate's soccer game, Sam had to pee.... so he just stood up, yanked down his pants and peed onto the field. (I pretended I didn't know him)
Fact: Yesterday while I was work, Chris decided to go to Super Wal-Mart and have the oil changed in his HUGE truck and pick up some groceries. (That in itself may be evidence enough!) He asked me to just meet him there when I got off work at 3pm. When they came out to my car Sam had PAJAMAS on -- yes, the same ones I had put him in the night before. He was also wearing a rain coat and rain boots (it was blindingly sunny), and his Dad's oversized Fire Fighter hat, matching Dad's. They had Happy Meal faces, complete with ketchup stains, little toys, and french-fry breath. Chris, first of all, was taken aback by this new information: "Wat?...Doesn't he get himself dressed?.... No?.... Oh.... Well, you really can't tell. I thought they were clothes." I should also mention that they had fresh flowers for Mama and so I didn't think twice... until today...
Fact: Two weeks ago at Tate's soccer game, Sam had to pee.... so he just stood up, yanked down his pants and peed onto the field. (I pretended I didn't know him)
Fact: Yesterday while I was work, Chris decided to go to Super Wal-Mart and have the oil changed in his HUGE truck and pick up some groceries. (That in itself may be evidence enough!) He asked me to just meet him there when I got off work at 3pm. When they came out to my car Sam had PAJAMAS on -- yes, the same ones I had put him in the night before. He was also wearing a rain coat and rain boots (it was blindingly sunny), and his Dad's oversized Fire Fighter hat, matching Dad's. They had Happy Meal faces, complete with ketchup stains, little toys, and french-fry breath. Chris, first of all, was taken aback by this new information: "Wat?...Doesn't he get himself dressed?.... No?.... Oh.... Well, you really can't tell. I thought they were clothes." I should also mention that they had fresh flowers for Mama and so I didn't think twice... until today...
I have to know, are we red-necks? If so, should I be concerned?
2 comments:
I love the red-neck question! Just tonight as I was trying to keep the kids safely hid behind a fence while Monty practice throwing knives he paused and asked if I thought he was a red-neck. I laughed and called him a "red-neck wannabe!" I don't think he appreciated it.
You have really been busy the past few weeks!!!
Do you really have to ask that question?
Post a Comment